October 12, 2017

The Allahabad High Court on October 12, 2017, acquited Rajesh and Nupur Talwar in the 2008 Arushi Talwar murder case. 

The court set aside CBI's court order that convicted the two in the murder of Arushi and their domestic help Hemraj.


Nupur Talwar was released out of the jail to assist her ailing mother. She was out on parole for three weeks. 


A special Central Bureau of Investigation court in Ghaziabad convicted Dr Rajesh and Nupur Talwar on the charges of a Double Murder case- Arushi and Hemraj. 

The two were sentenced to life imprisonment. 

The CBI said that Arushi and Hemraj were found in objectional and compromising position. 

It also added that the two doctors "misled" the investigators.


Nupur Talwar was arrested.

The Supreme Court dismissed Rajesh Talwar's plea and ordered him to appear before the court in the 'Arushi murder case'.


Rajesh Talwar attacked outside the special CBI court premises by a man called Utsav Sharma.

The trial court rejected CBI's closure report and summoned the two doctors to face charges of murder. 

Arashi's parents seek Allahabad High Court for suppressing trial court's summons. 

The couple approached the Supreme Court after the High Court dismissed its plea.


Narco Analysis test was conducted on Dr. Rajesh Talwar.

The CBI team filed a closure report mentioning "insufficient evidence".

The CBI declared the parents to be the prime suspect, releasing the two servants free.

June 13, 2008

The CBI arrested Dr. Rajesh Talwar's Nepalese compounder, Krishna. 

The CBI arrest was based on the polygraph test and Narco Analysis test of the Nepalese compounder conducted at Forensic Science Laboratory in Banglore. 

Lie detection test was conducted on Rajesh and Nupur Talwar

CBI declared the case to be a "blind case".

June 1, 2008

The case was handed over to the Central Bureau of Investigation

May 23, 2008

The police arrested Arushi's father, Dr. Rajesh Talwar on charges of two murders, Arushi and Hemraj.

May 22, 2008

The police investigation now started probing the case with a "dishonour killing angle". The parents of the deceased girl came under suspicion. 

The police questioned Arushi's close friend with whom she was in constant touch before her murder. She talked to her friend 688 times in 45 days prior to her deat

May 21, 2008

The Delhi police assisted the murder investigation. They said that the murder was committed by a "doctor or a butcher".

May 19, 2008

Vishnu Sharma, the former domestic help of the family was suspected of the murder of the duo. 

May 18,2008

The police investing the murder case of the 14-year-old girl declared that the girl was killed with surgical precision. They also said that the job was done by an insider. The postmortem report of the girl ruled out sexual assault. 

May 17, 2008

The suspected domestic help was found dead on the terrace of the apartment building.

Hemraj's body was found decomposed. 

May 16, 2008

Aarushi Talwar was found dead with her throat slit.

The 14-year-old girl was found murdered in the bedroom of her apartment.Her parents Dr. Rajesh Talwar and Nupur Talwar suspected their domestic help Hemraj behind the killing of their daughter.